Re: Comparison between Mathematica and other
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92574] Re: Comparison between Mathematica and other
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 04:14:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <200809301133.HAA21932@smc.vnet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <gc9mh8$2br$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "peter lindsay" <pl.0 at me.com> wrote: > I agree. The object is to persuade people how accessible Mathematica is, not > how incredibly learned and expert the users need to be. > Peter Not certain what earlier words Peter is agreeing with, but I agree with what Peter himself said -- perhaps edited to say: "The [primary objectives should be] to persuade people how accessible Mathematica [can be], not how incredibly learned and expert [its] users need to be -- **and then to make it that accessible**."