Re: Executing external notebook

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg92753] Re: Executing external notebook
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 04:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

This sounds like a place where you should really write a package. Then each
of the notebooks can load the package with a
Needs[packagefolder`packagename`] statement.

You can check the documentation on packages if you don't know how to write
one. Unfortunately, the documentation is somewhat disjointed and incomplete.

The Presentations package comes with a sample 'toy' package that shows users
the process for writing a package. It has a sample notebook that creates the
package with quite a bit of commentary on how it works, how to name it, and
where to put it.

If you wish, I can send you the package notebook that could serve as a guide
for turning your own routines into a package. It is basically quite simple.

David Park
djmpark at