Re: Is there a way to make Mathematica commands and functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93155] Re: Is there a way to make Mathematica commands and functions
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 05:49:02 -0500 (EST)

stpatryck wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm a newbie to Mathematica and find having to capitalize Mathematica
> commands and functions somewhat annoying.
>
> Is there some way or program or module or notebook or whatever out
> there that will make Mathematica accept lower case commands and
> functions without my having to redefine all the functions?

It really is worth getting used to capitalizing Mathematica functions,
and using lower case names when defining your own functions. That way
you avoid accidental conflicts with built-in function names. Once you
get used to capitalizing Mathematica commands, you won't even think
about it.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont