Re: Magnetic field for a straight conductor with finite length - Biot-Savart Integral

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91665] Re: [mg91660] Magnetic field for a straight conductor with finite length - Biot-Savart Integral
  • From: robert prince-wright <robertprincewright at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:45:19 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Curtis

the Assume[] function does the trick.

I've been 'assuming' (bad pun) the solution for a current flowing between [0,L] can be used to model a rectangular loop - that should take care of the end conditions?

BTW - does anyone know if there is a good (recent) Mathematica book dealing with electromagnetism? I am looking for best practice ways of using Mathematicas vector based algebra functions to calculate magnetic fields for power transmission and distribution systems. I've seen snippets in Trott's books and Paul Abbot's course notes but nothing that builds on the basics of electromagnetism within an Mathematica framework (ideally Mathematica 6!)

Robert