Re: Re: How print multiple copies of notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg91709] Re: [mg91686] Re: How print multiple copies of notebook?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 02:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

Another MathGroup participant told me privately that he had had the same
issue on Windows XP and contacted Wolfram tech support.  They told him
it was strictly a Windows problem and would be fixed in the next release.

My temporary, extra-step, work-around is to Save As > PDF and then print
multiple copies from Adobe Reader.

Jean-Marc Gulliet wrote:
> Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>> How can I print multiple copies of a notebook?  Mathematica 6.0.3
>> refuses to do so even though I tell the print driver to print many copies.
>> I tried also Option Inspector, Selected Notebook, Printing Options >
>> PrintingCopies and changed the default to the number I wanted (and
>> applied it, of course).
>> Still when I print I get just 1 copy, whether or not I also tell the
>> print driver to print the same number of copies as I set in Option
>> Inspector.
>> Environment: Windows XP SP3,
>>               HP LaserJet P3005dn
>>               Drivers: PCL5e, PCL6, PS (I tried all three!)
>> But clearly this cannot be a problem with the HP print drivers, since
>> other applications have no difficulty whatsoever with printing multiple
>> copies.
>> Is this a bug?
> I am clueless whether this behavior is specific to Mathematica for
> Windows in general or specific to your system only, since I have not had
> any problem to print multiple copies of notebooks with my system Mac OS
> X Leopard 1.5.4, Mathematica 6.0.3, and a printer Epson iPX3000. At the
> office we have some kind of big color Xerox "something" and I haven't
> had any problem either. I might try to find a PC with Mathematica
> installed on Monday.
> Best regards,
> -- Jean-Marc

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.