data source for demonstration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91671] data source for demonstration
  • From: Amir <amirnntp at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:46:29 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to create a demonstration that does analysis on a dataset
that is too large to fit into a notebook. What is the best way (or any
way) to bundle data with a demonstration? Import["url", ...]?

The examples on the Demonstrations site that I could find either had
the data in the notebook or used something like CountryData or other
data paclet that I guess also comes with Mathematica Player.

Thanks.