Re: Error in file / load entire notebook into memory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91845] Re: [mg91828] Error in file / load entire notebook into memory
  • From: "peter lindsay" <pl.0 at me.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:07:44 -0400 (EDT)

mathematica files are XML I think; i.e. they're text with extra
kind-of flags in it. So the file will open using a good text editor.
It should be possible to identify what is input and what is output. So
what I'd do is eliminate the output then try to fix the input so that
it looks right compared with another valid mathematica file. Then save
and run the file. I've done this before with a student's exam file
that got corrupted - it works.

You're still left with the versions 5/6 issue however.

good luck

Peter