Re: Functional programming?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91974] Re: Functional programming?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:43:09 -0400 (EDT)

>From the Help page, go to Core Language, Functional Programming. Then just
try out these commands.

There was another posting today titled 'eliminate values while calculating
Mean[data]' by Pasha Karami in which he wanted to eliminate zero values from
a list of data. This is very easily done with the Functional Programming
Select command. You don't even have to know how long the list is.

So why don't you show us how you would do it with the For or Do command,
without using any Functional Programming? Certainly it can be done, but
after seeing Select are you still always going to do it with Procedural
Programming in the future?

Suppose you want to select values from a list that are between 1 and 6 in
value. How would you do it with Procedural Programming without using any
Functional Programming?

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net