Re: Out[xx] included when saving figures?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92057] Re: Out[xx] included when saving figures?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:18:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jung-Tsung Shen wrote: > I recently upgraded to Mathematica v.6, and am encountering a problem. > In the session, if I click on the sidebar of a figure generated by > GraphicsGrid, and choose "save selection as" from the menu, then the > "Out[xx]=" in front of the figure is also saved. If instead I click on > the figure directly, the "save selection as" option is grayed out. > > Is there anyway I could save the figure without being bothered by this > "Out[xx]="? > > If I quite the session and restart Mathematica, without doing any cell > calculations, then there is not any "Out[xx]=" (and In[xx]=) so I > could save the figure without the need of any post-processing. I believe that what you are looking for is located within the "Preferences" dialog box -> "Evaluation" -> uncheck the box "Show In/Out names." HTH, -- Jean-Marc