Re: Out[xx] included when saving figures?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92034] Re: Out[xx] included when saving figures?
- From: "Jung-Tsung Shen" <jushen at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:11:24 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48D10BFB.email@example.com>
On 9/17/08, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote: > I believe that what you are looking for is located within the "Preferences" > dialog box -> "Evaluation" -> uncheck the box "Show In/Out names." > > HTH, > -- Jean-Marc Thank all for your suggestions. I should have mentioned that, if the figure is generated by, for example, a simple plot function, I could click on the figure directly and save it in pdf or eps format, without the Out[xx] being included. For graphics array generated by GraphicsGrid, however, it is not possible to do so for the entire array, although for each individual figure in the array it could still be done. I knew one could use Export to save the entire figure, but that's slightly more work than a simple click and save ( if one only wants the figures in pdf or eps formats). Moreover, at least to me, this shows inconsistency of saving figures. Thanks. JT