Re: Working modulo 2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92089] Re: Working modulo 2
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 04:55:36 -0400 (EDT)

expr = 7 + x + 4 y + 4 x y + 3 z + 2 x z + 4 y z + 4 x y z

expr /. x_Integer :> Mod[x, 2]
1 + x + z

Or better:

PolynomialMod[expr, 2]
1 + x + z

There are various methods to search the documentation. One convenient method
is to evaluate ?*keyword* to obtain all the commands that contain the
keyword. So

?*Polynomial*

gives us a list of functions that includes PolynomialMod.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/