How to consider two fitting methods when using Findfit in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92167] How to consider two fitting methods when using Findfit in Mathematica
  • From: liqfer at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:26:40 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,
   Here I have one question and need you help.

  When I fit the experimental data, I found the nomal least-squares
fit is not good enough, so that I want to add one more constraint on
it, which means I need two fitting functions to find the best fitting
result at the same time.

  But from the handbook of Mathematica, one can not find this kind of
examples. Everybody only talks about the use of your own (but single)
function to fit. So, do anybody know how to solve this problem?
(simply speaking: using two fitting constraints in one FindFit)

  Thank you very much for your help.