Re: How to consider two fitting methods when using Findfit in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92238] Re: How to consider two fitting methods when using Findfit in Mathematica
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:36:57 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/22/08 at 5:26 AM, liqfer at gmail.com wrote:

>When I fit the experimental data, I found the nomal least-squares
>fit is not good enough, so that I want to add one more constraint on
>it, which means I need two fitting functions to find the best
>fitting result at the same time.

>But from the handbook of Mathematica, one can not find this kind of
>examples. Everybody only talks about the use of your own (but
>single) function to fit. So, do anybody know how to solve this
>problem? (simply speaking: using two fitting constraints in one
>FindFit)

You have posted this question with the same wording at least
once before that I know of. You are unlikely to get different
answers to your question until you provide more details as to
what you want to accomplish. If you missed responses to your
web site and search for posts you have made to find the thread
and answers.