Strange size changes in Manipulate with GeometricTransformation

Hi group,

I was playing with Manipulate and GeometricTransformation and found a
strange difference in behaviour when manipulating the orientation of a
circle containing a line depending on how it was drawn. Below, I
provide two ways of drawing this configuration. The first one behaves
as expected, but moving the slider in the second example results in
unexpected size changes.

I suppose it must have something to do with bounding boxes of the
building blocks, but I don't quite get it. I also feel the behaviour
of the second one is actually wrong. What do you folks think?

Cheers -- Nazdrovje

This one rotates as expected:

Manipulate[
 Graphics[