Re: Problem with replacement rules
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92178] Re: Problem with replacement rules
- From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:08:01 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jens-Peer Well...not exactly. Quoting documentation in Mathematica 6: "Solve deals - primarily - with linear and polynomial equations" (Emphasis added) ...but not exclusively, as my example with Sin[x] shows. On the other end: "Variables gives a list of all independent variables in a - polynomial - " (Emphasis added) ...and nothing else.