Re: Function changes in a program
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92305] Re: Function changes in a program
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:50:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
Chris Degnen wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone have a suggestion on how to > check for changes in environment function > variables in a program. I.e. starting with ... > > initial environment > > f[a]=1 > f[b]=2 > > > later environment > > f[a]=1 > f[b]=99 > f[m]=3 > > I'd like to be able to determine that > f[b] had changed and f[m] was added. > Take a look at DownValues and related functions. They might prove helpful (depending on what is it exactly that you are trying to achieve).