Launch notebook in FE and evaluate it immediately

Is there a way to launch the front end and instruct it to do something
*immediately*, without any user intervention?  For example, evaluate a
notebook using the default kernel.

Is there a way to do this, perhaps with a command line option?

I know that this can be done with the kernel, but I would like to use
the Front End---more specifically I would like to diff two notebooks
using AuthorTools's NotebookDiff function.