Re: Open DumpSave in new context?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92317] Re: Open DumpSave in new context?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi, the *.mx file store the symbols with the context and so: you can't do that. Regards Jens karl.daggfeldt at gih.se wrote: > Is there a way to specify a new context for a DumpSave:d file when I open it? > The simple approach below is working when the file is saved with Save but not with DumpSave. > > (*DumpSave a to file*) > a=1; > DumpSave["temp.mx",a]; > Remove[a]; > > (*not generating myContext`a but rather Global`a*) > Begin["myContext`"]; > Get["temp.mx"]; > End; > > Greatefull for answers! > Kalle >