Font size in plot coordinates?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92379] Font size in plot coordinates?
- From: Szabolcs Horvat <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:33:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
The font size can be specified in absolute units (in this case the font size won't change while resizing the graphic), or in scaled units, as a fraction of the width of the graphic. I am plotting variable-width, but fixed height graphics, where it is important that the size of text stay constant compared to the size of other objects. Is there a way to either specify the font size in plot coordinates (so that the text would scale with the graphic, but would be independent of the plot range), or to specify the font size as a function of the graphic's height (not width)? I know that I have the option of converting the letters to outlines (by exporting to pdf, then importing). Is there a better solution than this?