Font size in plot coordinates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92379] Font size in plot coordinates?
  • From: Szabolcs Horvat <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:33:51 -0400 (EDT)

The font size can be specified in absolute units (in this case the font
size won't change while resizing the graphic), or in scaled units, as a
fraction of the width of the graphic.

I am plotting variable-width, but fixed height graphics, where it is
important that the size of text stay constant compared to the size of
other objects.

Is there a way to either specify the font size in plot coordinates (so
that the text would scale with the graphic, but would be independent of
the plot range), or to specify the font size as a function of the
graphic's height (not width)?

I know that I have the option of converting the letters to outlines (by
exporting to pdf, then importing).  Is there a better solution than this?