Re: Can't figure out how to export Mathematica into Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98235] Re: Can't figure out how to export Mathematica into Word
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:36:42 -0500 (EST)

On Apr 2, 3:48=C2 am, neojunkox <sungreenta... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I help out my lab partners in one of my classes by exporting out the data=
 and equations we worked on from mathematica. They use microsoft word so I =
need to copy or export things into rtf first or copy things directly into m=
icrosoft word. The problem is that many symbols come out strangely when I t=
ry to export or even copy them the tables and math notation comes out like =
---
> =C2  =C2 {\[Null], "\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(F\), \(1\)]\)", "\!\(\*Subsc=
riptBox[\(d\), \(1\)]\)", "\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(=EF=81=B4\), \(1\)]\)", "\!=
\(\*SubscriptBox[\(F\), \(2\)]\)",

> It seems like there is something not set up the way I want to in the expo=
rt or copy functions... Also, when exporting to rtf, the tables come out as=
 a list of data instead of being in the correct form. Another system used t=
o export this stuff out to rtf correctly by default... How do I set up math=
ematica to do the same?

Think the best way to go is with PDF files - so many other programs
can read and import them. So just do a "File/Save As" and specify the
PDF format. Another possibility is PostScript. This is no guarantee of
course that it will work, but is definitely worth a try.

In Word 2008 you can do a Insert/Picutre From/File and then you will
have to choose which of the pages in the PDF file to import.

I have done this on my Mac OS X system with Word 2008, but I assume
that the Windows version of Word has something similar. I hope so
anyway -- let us know how things work out, OK?

-Bob