Re: Styling the selected Tab's label in TabView

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98274] Re: Styling the selected Tab's label in TabView
  • From: Bryce Schober <bryce.schober at dynonavionics.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 06:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:24 AM, David Park <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote:

> Bryce,
>
> If your labels are just strings then why use Graphics and Text to display
> them?

Because I was starting from that example, I guess... since you've suggested
that I don't need to use Graphics+Text, I've tried this:

labels = {"Bill", "Susan"};
DynamicModule[
 {selected},
 TabView[
  Table[
   With[
    {i = i},
    Style[
      Text[labels[[i]]],
      FontWeight -> Dynamic[If[i === selected, Bold, Plain]]
      ] -> ("Hello " <> labels[[i]] <> "!")
    ],
   {i, Length[labels]}
   ],
  Dynamic[selected]
  ]
 ]

It doesn't have the sizing issue, but now it doesn't style dynamically
either.

--
Bryce Schober