Re: Joust in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98295] Re: Joust in Mathematica
  • From: dbreiss at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 06:37:09 -0400 (EDT)

It was sort of difficult to see what Joust is from looking at its
website and documentation.  There wasn't a quick explaination of what
it does.  My sense is that it was a navigation tool of some sort.

Creating things of that general sort in Mathematica should be quite
doable.  The front end is very plastic in terms of what you cn create
in it (though it certainly does have limitations...).

But the key issue is that anything of this sort takes considerable
time to create.  So one (one who does not have lots of free time)
needs a business model that supports its creation.

Sadly, in my experience with http://scientificarts.com/worklife  there
is very little interest in general tools.  And so, thes things only
can get created in one's spare time.

Any thoughts on how viable businesses can get created based on
Mathematica?  My experience over the years is that it's quite
difficult to do...

On Apr 3, 5:10 am, Albert Retey <a... at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I've been wondering how to set up something that behaves like the Java =
Joust