Computing resources

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98332] Computing resources
  • From: Filippo Miatto <miatto at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 05:02:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,
During a long computation I opened the taskmanager in windows and I
realized that Mathematica (7) uses only one out of 4 cores on my
machine.
Do you know why this is happening? Do you have the same problem?
is is something that has to do with mathematica or with windows?
Thank you in advance
Filippo

PS I'm running Mathematica 7 on a Quad core Xeon, 16Gb of ram, windows
professional 64 bit edition.