Re: Is there a BNF for Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98346] Re: Is there a BNF for Mathematica?
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 05:04:40 -0400 (EDT)

I don't think there is one. I can't imagine it would be very useful
either. Since *every* construct in Mathematica is actually just a
function in disguise (even the data types, more or less) it could be
rather short. On the other hand, given the enormous amount of reserved
words (a couple of thousands), it would be rather tedious to list them
all.

Cheers -- Sjoerd