Fast Access to Installed Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98342] Fast Access to Installed Packages
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 05:03:57 -0400 (EDT)

I like to have fast ways to access a package documentation. One thing that
would be helpful is if the 'Add-Ons and Packages' and 'Standard Extra
Packages' were actually on the drop down Help menu list so we didn't have to
go through the documentation center or type in the package name. I would use
these much more than most of the other items on the menu.  For example, why
is 'Find Selected Function' on the menu list since we can do it much faster
directly from a notebook?

In lieu of that, I would like to put a command in a package such as
'PackageNameHelp' such that it it were evaluated it would bring up Version 6
documentation.

I know how to do it for Version 5 Help Browser documentation. One uses:

PacletManager`Package`helpBrowserLookup["packagename"];

But I don't know how to write such a statement for Version 6 documentation.

Can anyone help?

David Park

djmpark at comcast.net

 <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/