Re: Does FindFit really use Norm when NormFunction -> Norm?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98365] Re: Does FindFit really use Norm when NormFunction -> Norm?
- From: Szabolcs HorvÃt <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 02:45:28 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2009/4/6 Darren Glosemeyer <darreng at wolfram.com>: > > This has been pointed out to the developer for further consideration. > > What's happening now is that Norm is getting caught and the internal code > uses default code (mathematically equivalent nonlinear least squares > optimization code) which runs into some complexes in intermediate > calculations. The Abs@Norm or myNorm NormFunction settings do not get caught > and the complexes are not encountered. > Thanks for the reply! If it is not actually using Norm internally, then perhaps a default setting of NormFunction -> Automatic or something similar would be less confusing. Szabolcs