- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98398] Re: Hyperlinks
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 05:51:50 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hyperlinks in notebooks can only link to tagged cells in the notebook or to
> URLs on the web, or so it seems.
> I would find it useful to be able to link to an external file (not a
> notebook nor a text file) and having the file opened by the default external
> application that handles the given file type.
> Would it be possible to implement this, maybe programmatically (functions
> sending commands to the operating system ? Applescript ?) ?
Have you tried the standard way to encode local filenames as an URI:
file://(full path to your file with leading /)
I would be quite confident that this would just work on a Mac, although
I can't test it...
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: nostalgia for old behaviour: graphics re-sizing
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: