MaxIterations for FindRoot called by NDSolve

Hi,

When running NDSolve, I get this error message:

FindRoot::cvmit: Failed to converge to the requested accuracy or precision
within 100 iterations.

I wish to change MaxIterations, and I am calling this line before NDSolve,

SetOptions[FindRoot, MaxIterations -> \[Infinity]];

But, the options is not applying to FindRoot when it is called by NDSolve, I
get the same error message.  How can I change MaxIterations for FindRoot
when called my NDSolve?

Thank you,

David