Scrollbars on palettes, Os x.

Hi,

I have set a palette to WindowElements -> {"VerticalScrollBar",
"StatusArea"}. I have noticed the scrollbar fills nearly the whole
height of the window. I do have a number of controls to warrant
scrolling. Is this a bug, or do I need to set some value for the
scrollbar thumb size to become smaller in proportion to the window
contents??
Thank you