Re: Change in NSolve algorithm
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98616] Re: Change in NSolve algorithm
- From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:17:54 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Thank you for the clarification between MachinePrecision and $MachinePrecision behaviors, which was not clear to me before. Then, perhaps, a possible "communication" improvement for Mathematica developers might be to substitute/alias the keyword MachinePrecision with a new keyword, e.g. FPU, which would more easily convey the difference between: NSolve[eqns, vars, $MachinePrecision] NSolve[eqns, vars, FPU] Anyway, thanks again ADL On 13 Apr, 09:30, Szabolcs Horv=E1t <szhor... at gmail.com> wrote: > Yes, WorkingPrecision -> $MachinePrecision will use Mathematica's > arbitrary precision arithmetic with $MachinePrecision number of digits > (around 16 on most machines). WorkingPrecision -> MachinePrecision wil= l > actually use the FPU to do the calculations.