Re: Axes in 3D?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg98766] Re: [mg98746] Axes in 3D?
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:39:04 -0400 (EDT)

Plot3D[{x^2 + y^2, -x^2 - y^2},
 {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2},
 RegionFunction ->
  Function[{x, y, z}, x^2 + y^2 <= 4],
 Boxed -> False,
 AxesOrigin -> {0, 0, 0},
 AspectRatio -> 2]

Bob Hanlon

---- Heather Hulett <hulett.heat at> wrote:

I'm using Mathematica 7.0 and would like to put the axes at the origin in a
3D graph instead of showing them on a bounding box.  I have  the
3D-Axes.nb  (found on    )
but would like a source that can determine the ranges automatically.

This seems like an obvious option for any 3D plot--especially since
version 7.0 seems to be very receptive to making things look just
like students would expect to see them.