Re: Any way to make help browser remember the last position?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98778] Re: Any way to make help browser remember the last position?
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:52:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 14, 4:17 am, sean_inc... at yahoo.com wrote:
> What bugs me, no, drives me mad, is the fact that, every time I press
> F1 key to invoke the help or 'documentation center,' it goes straight
> to the center of the screen instead of to the right like it did v4 and
> 5.
>
> This started in v 6 except I didn't have much need for using v6. Now
> that I have a need v7, I absolutely hate the fact that help browser
> covers the open notebook and I have to move it manually.
>
> Is there a way to make it remember the last position?
>
> Sean

Sean,

Just discovered this really doesn't work quite right. Any time you
click on something in the DC window or type in something in the Search
box, it brings up another window instead of putting the content in the
already created window, so you are back where you started. Perhaps
someone in the group will have an explanation of how/why this happens.
Sorry ...

-Bob