Basic Macintosh text editing features??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98783] Basic Macintosh text editing features??
- From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
I am discovering:
1. can't auto scroll window content while dragging some selected text
when it approaches the edge of the window
2. can't drag duplicate some selected text
3. can't drag/drop some selected text between windows
are there other missing editing features, do tell please. Thanks
I need to use often these moused based editing actions as possible.
Why can't the Mac version of Mathematica be a best of breed
application for supporting Mac editing? Or, am I missing something
here. Or is Mathematica its own world with its own way of doing
things, ignoring its host platform? Each platform has editing
behaviors for a good reason! Accessibility support is not just about
visual or sound.
Long live the mouse!
Here is a thought: is Workbench the future IDE and the classic IDE is
just waiting around till its replaced?
Andrew, frustrated (but enjoying doing math again)
[using os x 10.5.6]
Prev by Date:
Re: Importing a large image...
Next by Date:
Re: Any way to make help browser remember the last position?
Previous by thread:
Mathematica WebServices and EPO OpenPatentServices
Next by thread:
Re: Basic Macintosh text editing features??