Re: Load .m file from a web server

Eric Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I wish to place a .m package on a web server and have many
> mathematica sessions download and use this package.  However, I can
> not find a way to get this to happen--typing "download" into the help
> menu does not give me the answer.

Import["http://full-path-here/file.m";]

does the trick.

Depending on the host server settings, it might bring up a dialog asking
for a username and password on the host when you Import. I just now
tried it on my university web space and was asked for username/password
when I imported the test file, but when I posted it on another
(non-university) server where I have web space, I was able to import the
file without supplying username/password.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont