Re: Load .m file from a web server

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98823] Re: Load .m file from a web server
  • From: mark mcclure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 01:31:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 19, 4:53 am, Eric Brown <eric.c.br... at mac.com> wrote:
>         I wish to place a .m package on a web server and have man=
> mathematica sessions download and use this package.

Use Import.  Here's an example:
Import["http://facstaff.unca.edu/mcmcclur/JuliaSet.m";];
Julia[z^3 + I, z]

Something tells me that a problem could arise involving Contexts,
but I've tried some more complicated examples (packages that
load other packages off of the same server) and they seem to
work.

Incidentally, I wrote that Julia set code for V2.2 and it works
fine!

Mark McClure