Re: Parallel processing downgrade

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98955] Re: Parallel processing downgrade
  • From: mark mcclure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:15:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 20, 5:40 am, Raffy <ra... at mac.com> wrote:
> I believe the default license only supports 4? kernels.

Yes, that's what the documentation says.  I had assumed that
this was 4 sub-kernels per process allowed so I had eight,
since my premier license allows 2 concurrent kernels to run.
I'm now pretty sure that the 8 processes in V7.0.0 was simply
a bug.

To be clear, I'm not particularly complaining about this; I just
thinks it's a potentially useful piece of information for many
Mathematica users.

Mark