Re: fit a complex function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98981] Re: fit a complex function
- From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 06:42:39 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
I may be wrong here, but I don't think that you can do a non-linear fit with complex numbers. Cheers -- Sjoerd On Apr 22, 11:11 am, Magician <jadoo.d... at gmail.com> wrote: > I have data in the following form > > xi , Fi (xi is real but Fi is complex) > > i want to determine a fit by using function > > F(x, a , b,c, d)= a Exp(- x^2/b) + c Sin( d x) > > a, b, c and d are complex numbers to be determined so as to accurately > represent the data. > > How to do this problem?