Re: Plot x to y and y to x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99072] Re: Plot x to y and y to x
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

Zach,

I have the feeling something is still missing. It doesn't make sense
to me to plot both the function as it goes from 200 to 300 deg and as
it goes from 300 to 200 deg. Those two are each others mirror image.

Anyway, you should change e in E or in escape-ee-escape, because
lowercase e doesn't have a built-in value.

Generally, to plot a function f(t) you'd write

Plot[f[t],{t, startingValue,endValue}].

In your case

Plot[1-E^0.5*(250-T),{T,250,300}]

BTW, are you sure about the parentheses? Not 1-E^(0.5*(250-T)) by any
chance?
Perhaps you intended time to enter the equation and forgot it?

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Apr 25, 10:51 am, zach <zldiz... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to plot a function.
> 1-e^0.5*(250-T)
> I would like to plot a temperature rise of T = 200 to 300.  Then I wo=
uld like to plot a decrease in temp of T = 300 to 200.