Re: "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99100] Re: [mg99088] "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:15:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:41:03 -0400 (EDT), Cora L wrote: > Hi there, > > I've recently upgraded to Mathematica 7.0. > > I find the box > "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:" > quite annoying. > > I would like to copy and paste the output into a different Mathematica > notebook. > So I have to click on "Show Full Output" which takes ages to generate. > > Is there a default setting where I can force Mathematica to always > give the > Full Output rather than this annoying "A very large output..." box? > > Thanks! In the Preferences dialog (Edit->Preferences on Windows/X, or Preferences under the application menu on Mac), look in the Evaluation tab for the "Maximum output size before truncation" field. You can set the value to 'Infinity' to completely disable the truncation. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.