Re: Mathematica crashed -- where did my notebook go?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99209] Re: Mathematica crashed -- where did my notebook go?
  • From: sean_incali at yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:42:51 -0400 (EDT)

It seems like v7 crashes a lot more than pervious versions--specially
on windows vista. I have both 32 and 64 bit vista running same version
of the mathematica. And it just craps out and unlike the previous
versions, mathematica (or windows not sure which is the culprit behind
this behavior) doesn't allow me to save the frontend--which is
supposed to take precedence over kernel. Is that still true?

Also Mathematica used to have a cache directory where crashed files
can be salvaged, but now it seems like the file after crash isn't
saved there. Anyone know how to set it so that a copy is saved to
cached directory after a crash?

Another question about autosaving.

After I set the autosave "true"  I noticed that Mathematica keep
making defualt sound everytime an expression is evaluated.

It starting to get quite annoying, so.. Is there a way to turn that
sound off but keep the autosave feature?