A Question about PDB

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102236] A Question about PDB
  • From: Marwa Abd El-Wahaab <m.a.elwahaab at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 05:59:15 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir,

I have a question about PDB, when I import a file with extension pdb &
recall its ResidueRoles

the output contains alpha, beta, numbers like 1,2 ,12,...and other symbols.

What the meaning of this output contents?

If alpha is alpha carbon atom, what others?

Please advise

Thanks

*Marwa Ali Abd El Wahaab
*Teaching Assistant