Re: sparse array consultation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102234] Re: sparse array consultation
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 05:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/1/09 at 4:03 AM, fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com (Francisco Gutierrez)
wrote:

>I have a code that must take several inverses from relatively big
>matrices the majority of whose entries are zeroes. It runs hellishly
>slowly.

>I am aware that I sholud use sparse array functionalities to make these
>inverses run faster, but do not know quite how to use them. Can
>somebody help me?

Until you post a more specific problem, the only thing I can
suggest is to read the documentation available via the
Documentation Center. Specifically, the pages that appear with
the following entries in the search box

SparseArray
tutorial/SparseArrays - LinearAlgebra
tutorial/SparseArrays - ManipulatingLists

The latter two are linked to the page that appears for the
first. The links are found near the bottom of the page.