Re: The audience for Mathematica (Was: Show doesn't

DrMajorBob wrote:

> Helen Read <hpr at together.net> wrote:
>> DrMajorBob wrote:
>>> Brilliant, Helen!
>>>
>>> This wasn't so easy the first semester you tried, I assume?
>> I've been teaching this way with Mathematics for so long that it has
>> become second nature, but yeah, I'm sure I have gotten a lot better at
>> it over the years.
>
> I'm not talking about getting BETTER at it. I'm talking about how
> DIFFICULT this must have been, the first time. Every class is beastly
> difficult the first time or two, IMHO.

I don't remember it being particularly difficult when I started teaching
with Mathematica, but I added it in gradually. I didn't use it nearly to
the degree that I do now when I first started with it.

> Perhaps you had been teaching calculus for some time already, before you
> added in Mathematica?

I had been teaching for about 8 years when I started adding in Mathematica.

--
Helen Read
University of VERmont