Re: Hacking Wolfram|Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102276] Re: Hacking Wolfram|Alpha
  • From: "gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com" <gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 05:49:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 2, 6:00 am, "gigabitbuc... at BrockEng.com"
<gigabitbuc... at BrockEng.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 5:55 am, "gigabitbuc... at BrockEng.com"
>
> <gigabitbuc... at BrockEng.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 23, 3:54 am, Fred Klingener <gigabitbuc... at BrockEng.com> wrote:
>
> > > While waiting for the Wolfram|Alpha API, I've been nosing around what
> > > we ...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/termsofuse.html:

----------------------------------

Methods of Access

The Wolfram|Alpha service may be used only by a human being using a
conventional web browser to manually enter queries one at a time.
Because Wolfram|Alpha is doing computation, not just lookup, each
query may require significant CPU time on multiple parallel servers.
Any attempt to use a robot, script, or organized group of humans to
repeatedly access Wolfram|Alpha could place an unacceptable load on
the system, and is strictly forbidden.

If our monitoring systems detect an attempt to access the service in a
forbidden way, to execute systematic patterns of queries, to index the
website, or to do anything else that we feel jeopardizes the integrity
of our system or access to it by other users, we may terminate or
suspend access to the service for specific users or IP ranges.

uery may require significant CPU time on multiple parallel servers.
Any attempt to use a robot, script, or organized group of humans to
repeatedly access Wolfram|Alpha could place an unacceptable load on
the system, and is strictly forbidden.

If our monitoring systems detect an attempt to access the service in a
forbidden way, to execute systematic patterns of queries, to index the
website, or to do anything else that we feel jeopardizes the integrity
of our system or access to it by other users, we may terminate or
suspend access to the service for specific users or IP ranges.

I don't need a lawyer to tell me that the Mathematica programs shown
in this thread violate the Terms of Service.

Bye.

Fred Klingener