No more memory available.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg102298] No more memory available.
  • From: Carx <carminbar at>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:29:55 -0400 (EDT)

I just purchased and installed Mathematica for Windows (32
bit) on a computer running Windows Vista with 2GB of
ram. I was rather surprised and disappointed that the following
commands crashed Mathematica:

In[1]:=Integral[A_, x_] = 1/T [Integrate[DVT[
     x - A*Cos[w*Tau], to], {Tau, 0, T}]]

During evaluation of In[1]:=

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.

The thing is that if I run te sam simulation on version 5.2, it works.

Some simulationals done with the 5.2 version leads to a lot of errors.
I think there are some incompatibilities.

Does anybody know if I need to do something about these

 Your help is highly appreciated.