Lisp Macros in Mathematica (Re: If Scheme is so good why MIT drops
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg102451] Lisp Macros in Mathematica (Re: If Scheme is so good why MIT drops
- From: fft1976 <fft1976 at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Jul 21, 5:31 am, Xah Lee <xah... at gmail.com> wrote: > Also, lisp's macros, a feature that gets lispers much ado about > nothing. In Mathematica (b ~1989), the whole language can be > considered as a extended lisp macros system. When i learned about > lisp's macros while practical coding elisp, i find lisp macros are > rather so trivial, painful to use, and laughable. Is this true? How do you write some simple Lisp-like macros in Mathematica? Are Mathematica's macros like Scheme's hygienic macros or like Lisp's "low-level" macros?