Re: video on Presentations by Williams and Park

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102501] Re: video on Presentations by Williams and Park
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

divisor wrote:
> Thanks for this information. These codec and driver issues always trip
> me up.
>
> I used Camtasia 4 to record this. The WMV version is 36MB. When I
> created the QT version from Camtasia it was 383MB. I found out from a
> newsgroup that this is a known Camtasia problem. So I bought a copy of
> QT Pro ($30). Then I rendered in AVI, opened it in QT Pro and saved
> it. The resulting MOV file was 75MB. I could not imagine that a QT Pro-
> created MOV file would not work on the Mac.
>
> I don't have a Mac to test this on. Maybe I will go to Kinkos to test
> this out.
>
> I am grateful for the attempts by the people above to help me figure
> out how to do this correctly.

I've been using Camtasia to make Mathematica screencast videos with an
inset of my talking head. I save them directly out of Camtasia as MP4,
post them on my department website, and link to them with a direct URL
(rather than embedding them in a webpage). My students don't have any
problems playing them on Windows or Mac.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont