Re: video on Presentations by Williams and Park

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102460] Re: video on Presentations by Williams and Park
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:14:23 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for this information. These codec and driver issues always trip
me up.

I used Camtasia 4 to record this. The WMV version is 36MB. When I
created the QT version from Camtasia it was 383MB. I found out from a
newsgroup that this is a known Camtasia problem. So I bought a copy of
QT Pro ($30). Then I rendered in AVI, opened it in QT Pro and saved
it. The resulting MOV file was 75MB. I could not imagine that a QT Pro-
created MOV file would not work on the Mac.

I don't have a Mac to test this on. Maybe I will go to Kinkos to test
this out.

I am grateful for the attempts by the people above to help me figure
out how to do this correctly.

Regards..RogerW

On Aug 9, 3:18 pm, David Reiss <dbre... at gmail.com> wrote:
> This quicktime version requires a non-standard codec and therefore is
> not visible--only sound is available.
>
> In my screencasts at
>
> http://scientificarts.com/worklife/screencasts/index.html
>
> I create them using Snapz Pro X which records to standard quicktime.
> I simply place them at a URL on my website and they either display or
> download directly.
>
> --David
>
> On Aug 9, 6:04 am, divisor <congruentialumina... at yahoo.com> wrote:> Hello=
 MathGroup: