Re: Re: Re: video on Presentations by Williams

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102499] Re: [mg102473] Re: [mg102427] Re: video on Presentations by Williams
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks. I was able to download and access the first QT (73.7 MByte,
using the Techsmith Screen Capture, Integer (Little Endian)) version.
However, I have both Flip4mac and the Perian toolkit of codecs that
extend Quicktime on my mac.

I have never heard of the Techsmith codec before. The other two files
have codecs I do recognize, but not the "integer" or "Little Endian"
specification.

The file size is directly related to the bitrate, which is not
surprising.

The upshot is this: I am a poor tester for video compatibility on
'stock' macs because I have extra (free) codecs that others may not,

and

video is still a quagmire. I make my videos with straight H.264
encoding (and AAC for audio), and that seems to work more universally,
plus I have control over bitrate, etc. at the time I do the encoding.
For videos like this, I use the same tools that David Reiss does (on
macs), and there have been no problems with my windows-using friends.

george