Re: Re: Re: Highlighting data sections with a

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102506] Re: [mg102477] Re: [mg102425] Re: [mg102404] Highlighting data sections with a
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 04:31:45 -0400 (EDT)

What Plot does is refer one to Graphics for the full list of options.

It is often useful to obtain the list of options for a function by
evaluating, say,

Options[Plot] // Column

Thomas Munch posted a neat tool on MathGroup that allows one to quickly get
options for a function in your code. The options are generated in a palette
table with tooltips giving default values and usage messages. You can also
use the palette to link to the documentation pages for the options or the
function. You can paste the option into your code with the default value
selected and then type in your new value.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/May/msg00351.html

Thomas and Syd Geraghty gave me permission to put a version of this into
Presentations.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Paul Makepeace [mailto:paulm at paulm.com]

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Tomas Garza<tgarza10 at msn.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Perhaps something like this?
>
> Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2 Pi},Prolog->{LightBlue,Rectangle[{1,-1},{1.5,1}]}]

Cool - I notice Prolog isn't documented in Plot (altho' Epilog is). Is
this usual in Mathematica?

Paul